Its intimidating and liberating to spout off my dreams to everyone, but I'm going to suck it up and do it anyway, so here goes:
1. Travel the world with my family. I feel connected to Ireland and want to go back. I want to roam around France, visit the Egyptian pyramids, walk barefoot on a sunny beach in the Caribbean and dive into a pool fed by a waterfall in Hawaii.
2. Swim in the ocean.
3. Publish a book.
4. Help my daughter learn through experience by traveling, meeting and spending time with amazing people and doing a whole bunch of cool stuff.
5. Live someplace open where I can be at peace and feel safe letting my daughter, my dog and my cats run around, but not too far away from cool people and lots of fun things to do. I'd like to raise alpacas someday, because it sounds like fun, and they are super adorable.
6. Go to Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors in New York.
7. Learn to weave on my grandma’s loom.
8. Go on a horseback ride with my mom.
9. Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
10. Climb Long’s Peak with my dad and my sister. (I'm scared but just look at THAT)
11. Learn to play the piano.
12. Take lots classes. I love to learn, I really want to continue my education throughout my life, for practical purposes and of course for enrichment. And if someday I become Dr. Rachel, I’d be okay with that. ;-)
13. Make a difference in the world. I want to find a cause I really feel passionate about and spend a good part of my life doing that.
14. Research our family tree and discover the stories of the people who make my family so amazing.
15. Become a minimalist in terms of material objects.
Wow. I didn't even realize how much I wanted to do these things until I took the time to sit down and think about it. How easy it is to let my dreams slip past me in my day-to-day existence without making strides towards them. Give yourself some time and make your own list, I'd love to hear some of your lifetime goals.
Further information on the giveaway:
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.