Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

love this holiday

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. Just food and family, plus the whole world seems to shut down just for that one day.

This Thanksgiving was strange because my family postponed the feast until Friday so that my sister, a nurse, could be there to join us. So, Jeremiah and I planned our own small feast, just the three of us. Jeremiah whipped up my very favorite - an italian dish that melts in your mouth made with penne pasta, spinach, marinara, garlic, white wine, romas, cream, and crushed red pepper. Oh my.

A day with the two loves of my life.


The three of us ate by candlelight, mid-afternoon.


The next day we packed up the van and headed for my parent's home to eat a traditional Thanksgiving meal, turkey and all the fixins. My parents always make a special vegetarian version of their stuffing, which I love and always look forward to. Thanksgiving felt complete with all of us together and stuffing ourselves until we needed to nap!

We had so much fun this weekend, I am sad to see it end.




1 comment: